Friday, January 29, 2010

If you've ever wondered....

If you've ever wondered....what a day in the life of a pregnant mom with 2 boys on a cold winter day was like, well, I have an answer for you! EXHAUSTING!!!!
Friday day started with both boys bounding into the room as Trent was leaving for work. "Good mornin' mommy....I'm awake!" is what I heard from Wyatt. (pretty sweet!) Followed by, "Mom, just get up and take a shower...you don't want to be all stinky." (not so sweet!) from Will. So the kids cuddled in bed watching cartoons while I attempted to take a quick shower and listen for screams, cries or loud booms! Luckily it was pretty uneventful! Next is breakfast time. This is when I get to convince the boys we can turn cartoons on downstairs while eating as long as they do what I say, potty like big boys and get downstairs without fussing. We ate yummy bacon and toast with jelly...mmmm. For this I got a sweet, "good breakfast mommy". Then it was doing dishes, 2 loads of laundry, get the boys dressed, and play for a while. Around 11:00 I decide its time to clean up the mess from playing. We start in the bonus room and afterwards they get to play for a little bit as a reward for cleaning so well. Here is some sweet video from that time!

The first one is entitled, "Wild boys!"








This fun game was followed by, "hey lets play ball with the boppers!"








Will liked the camera and wanted me to "take a picture" of him singing. Here is "When We All Get To Heaven" by Will Napier...








Wyatt wanted to sing too...until I started recording him! He froze up and said "I don't know how"












After the sweet serenades, it was time to tackle Will's homework project. He was very uncooperative and I had somewhat of a hormone induced parental breakdown. This involves screaming, slamming things down and a few tears. It didn't last too long though, because the homework got put "on hold" for later, I made the boys clean up all the toys downstairs, fed them lunch and put them down for a nap. Ahhh...peace and quiet. I felt much better after a nice bowl of chocolate ice cream and about an hour of quiet time! AND it started snowing!! After nap consisted of containing the boys' excitement for the snow - playing, fighting, asking LOTS of questions, and the inevitable, "when can we go out and play mommy?" By the time Daddy got home, I was certifiably DONE! Daddy took over and I got to rest. Thank You!!!

Oh and here are some updated belly pictures. Week 23.
We haven't picked out a name just yet, but we're coming right along with the nursery. We can't wait to meet sweet baby!


No comments: