Monday, February 1, 2010

Quote of the day

So potty training a little boy is always interesting! Words that are typically taboo are suddenly spoken all the time no matter the time or place! Lots and lots of laundry, many messes around the house (possibly other people's houses as well as grocery stores, etc) just become the everyday norm. Wyatt's much better with accidents now (typically only 1 per day) and has had a couple of "accident free" days as well!!! They also become totally obsessed with other people going potty. Each time I go to the...bathroom (originally typed potty here by habit but corrected myself since I am a grown-up...you have to do that every now and then when constantly around little ones!) Wyatt says, "can I watch you?", then "your pee-pee coming out, Mommy?" followed by, "can I see your pee-pee?". Sometimes I even get a "that's a big girl, Mommy!"Surprisingly, you get used to this and it doesn't seem so weird!!
Well, the other day Wyatt wanted to watch Daddy "go potty". While they were sitting there, Wyatt asks, "my have a wee-wee?". Dad says, "yes". Wyatt asks, "you have a wee-wee?" Dad says, "Yes". Wyatt asks, "Mommy have a wee-wee?" Dad laughs a little and says, "no, mommy's a girl and girls don't have wee-wee's." Wyatt says, "Oh.....she just poop then?"

Oh, the mind of a 2 year old.... :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You're post never fail to having me laughing. I still can't believe you're gonna have another wee-wee in the house soon. :)