Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010




Welcome 2010! Today is our big "snow storm" - according to the news people, "the biggest snow we've had in several years". At least, that's what was predicted. So far, it looks like powdered sugar covering a few flat, smooth surfaces! I'll post pictures later to see what the final result will come to! Meanwhile, the boys are so excited for the snow, they were looking out the back door watching it fall saying, "wooow, it looks like it's sticking. I see like, 3 drops on the deck". This was not exaggeration on Will's part, he was actually excited about it! While, they are napping, I hope it snows really hard so they'll have a little to play in this afternoon. Will's decked out in his "hunting clothes" - pass downs from Uncle Drew - camo overalls, coveralls, thick coat complete with orange hat! He's SO ready! Wyatt wanted to wear something similar so he has blue jean overalls but still says they are his "hunting clothes". so cute!
This year started out with a trip to a not-so-great part of town in the middle of the night in 15 degree weather to attempt to get Will into a GREAT elementary school. January 4th was the first day Union Elementary was accepting applications, so here I go at 2:00am to get Will on the list. I have heard stories of people faxing the apps at midnight, standing in line at 2:00am, etc. Of course the logical plan would be to fax, BUT of course this year, they changed the process and faxes are only accepted after the people in line are listed. Well, I went at 2 and no one was there, Thank Goodness! I went back at 5:30am and there were cars lined up all the way out of the parking lot into the road. I got in line and prepared to wait until 8:00am. Luckily, at 6:00am, the principal came and started taking our applications. He said they only had 36 spots open for new students and Will is number 21 so we should be okay. Whew!! Trent and I are very excited for Will to be starting his school career at such a good school!
In baby news, I had another doctor appt and all was well. I am 20 weeks--whoo, hooo - half way there! Gained 7 lbs since last visit...not good. That's on track for another 65 lb pregnancy. I will not do that this time! hmm...Maybe, the chocolate cake I just made wasn't such a great idea....
Back to Will and Wyatt, they are saying the cutest things lately and I'm trying to remember as much as possible to record. Just today, Will said, "you know what Mom? If you tell your son they have to do something, they will not want to". So profound for a 5 year old! :) He is so "grown up" in his thinking, seriously. Everything is very logical and serious. He wants to know "why" and "how" on EVERYTHING! I think school will be very fun for him, but I do foresee a problem with him questioning the teachers (like telling them they are wrong if he doesn't agree) and "talking excessively". :) Guess that's in his genes - TRENT
Wyatt's favorite things to say lately are "alrighty" and "oh, fooey". He gets a mighty attitude if someone doesn't listen to him, but is still in the sweet and cuddly stage. He has also been saying "that's all" with his little attitude. It's so cute though. Example: "Wyatt, what are you doing? Why are you pouring water all over the table?" - "I just putting water in dis cup, THAT'S ALL" He tells me all the time he wants to start wearing Elmo underpants. As soon as we all get well - currently, Trent, Wyatt and myself are all on medication and Will is a little snotty -I'll get him some underwear and start the process! yay!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I wish we all lived closer. The stories from Will and Wyatt are too funny. I wish I could be around them more often. Let's get together soon!