Sunday, January 10, 2010

Everyone needs a good poop check :)

Fair warning....this post measures a full 10 on the grossness meter! Continue reading at your own risk!

This is one of those stories we'll tell Will when he's like 16 to totally embarrass him. Okay, so we were at Trent's parents house this afternoon and Will was getting a little tired and pretty attitudal. He goes to the bathroom and comes out with both hands up in the air, an annoyed look on his face and says, "okay, who turned off the water to that sink?" (Pepaw was installing a new faucet and had the water turned off in the process) We explain what was going on and tell Will he can finish washing his hands at the kitchen sink. His hands were covered in soap, still up in the air and he was totally annoyed for the disturbance in his bathroom experience, but he goes to the kitchen and finishes the job. Since the kitchen sink is higher, he can't reach it as well and water is running down his arms to his back. He starts whining and crying, "Memur, it's cold....it's on my back....dry me off.....etc." All while holding his hands up in the air and acting as stiff as a robot.
Memur dries him off, comforts the overly dramatic response to wet arms/back, and we go about our normal business. After a few minutes, Memur, me and Will decide to eat some jelly biscuits. This cheers Will right up. He jumps at the chance for biscuits and jelly and happily agrees to change his attitude and eat with us. After he has downed a couple of biscuits, I notice some "chocolate" on the tip of his middle finger. Confusing, because we were eating strawberry jelly. Anyway, I try to wipe it off...no luck. I ask, "Will, what is this on your finger?" He replies as nonchalantly as can be, "it's just a little poop." I say, "WHAT? You have poop on your finger?! Let's go wash your hands again." As we're washing, I'm explaining to him that it's not okay to leave poop on your fingers, be sure to wash completely, it's dangerous to eat with dirty hands, etc. Then I ask the obvious question, "How did poop get on your hands anyway, Will?" He replies (again in the most common and obvious tone of voice), "Well, I had to check to see if there was anymore up there Mom". It was totally disgusting but hilarious! We couldn't help but laugh. The tone in which he said this seemed to be "duh mom, doesn't everyone stick their finger up their booty to check for more poop?" We were laughing and he was looking at us like, "what is wrong with these two crazies!" All I could say was, "okay Will. Well, next time lets try using toilet paper to check, okay?" How do you respond to that? I could understand a little better if he had a little tp breakage or a slip through or something, but completely on purpose?! I guess from a 5 year old's perspective, everyone needs a good poop check every now and then. Let's just hope that we keep it sanitary!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am rolling on the floor. I would love to spend a day at your house as a fly on the wall. I hope all your boys are just as "sincere" as Will is. :)