Friday, September 11, 2009

Pee-Pee Progress!!

Wyatt has been trying to use the big boy potty for a couple of months now, mostly just for play. Everytime one of us (Me, Trent or Will) goes to the bathroom, he says "me pee-pee too" and sits on his potty until he is "all done". I think the real reason he likes to do this is because he gets to wash his hands afterwards....almost an obsession with him!! Most of the time he sits on his potty with all his clothes on. We just wanted to get him comfortable with it before we started trying to actually potty train him. Also before bath, we get him to sit on the potty to try to get the pee-pee out. He runs "nakey bird" from his room to the bathroom, sits down and sings his song "pee-pee come out of me...pee-pee where are you?" Nothing happens. Then he gets in the tub and wha-la ... here comes the pee-pee! Trent, the usual bath giver, says, "tell me when you feel it coming and I'll take you out and put you on the potty" but he never feels it coming.
Well, the past 2 nights, he has stood up and said, "Daddy, pee-pee" and then actually went in the potty!!! We did lots of celebration and he was so proud!! If he keeps this up, it won't be long until we start the whole training process!! Can't wait to be diaper free!!

Here are some pictures of him trying today. I'm sure he'll thank me for this later :)



Make sure you "push it down in there" :)
singing his potty songs!





No luck today, but at least I get to wash my hands!!


Say cheese!



Aw Mom!!


No comments: