Tuesday, February 16, 2010

In Honor of Yet Another Snow Day

In honor of yet another cold, wet, snowy, can't go out and play day, we decided to create some "snow art". Will loved drawing and cutting out his snow and snowman and then "decorating" him with a crown and scarf. He even wanted to give him feet because he was making "a real snowman that could walk around". He drew roots for his tree and drew himself beside his new buddy Frosty.
Wyatt wasn't too interested in this project except for cutting paper. He's not quite ready to cut out on the lines, but he is great at any shredding job! While he was busy shredding his paper, I made a snowman for him.


Once that was completed, the boys decided they wanted to paint. Will painted this awesome snow storm. I love it! I think he did a great job of swirling the snow all around just like when it's storming outside.


Wyatt loves painting! He calls this "Go". Maybe he feels we do too much running around all the time, and even when it's snowing, we are constantly on the go!

I painted with them too. This is my (apparently humpback) deer walking around the snowy, colorful forest! I know, I know...it should be in a gallery somewhere :)
A fun morning with a tasty afternoon to follow. This afternoon we are baking cookies. Mmmm....I'm thinking oatmeal chocolate chip!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Beautiful artwork! I know you will be glad for Spring to be here!