Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


"Weston, tell your mom happy mother's day.", says Trent last Sunday morning. "No" says Weston.
Trent says, "just repeat what I say...Happy".
Weston: "NO happy"
Trent: "mother's"
Weston: "NO muders"
Trent: "day"
Weston: "NO day"

This age is so fun with the kids!! For example, I got a sweet card from Weston -age 2 made at school with his hand print. Every time he sees it on the fridge he says, "mine hands". I say, "Yes Weston, that's your hand...I love it!"


Wyatt -age 4 made me a beautiful flower pot at school with the cutest little picture in the middle of the flower.

He was so proud to give it to me! He made all the little bugs with his fingerprints.


So cute!!



And then there's Will - Age 7.

After school one day, he said he made me something for mother's day that will probably aggravate me but he wouldn't tell me what it was. He said he was just joking and not to get mad......Ummm now I'm very curious!
So this is what he thinks of me!?


Great!! I've been bugging him about it ever since! I said this morning, "but Will don't you like it best when I'm not around?" Trent told him, "son, this is your first lesson in dealing with women....they never, ever forget anything you say!"
He also made this sweet, beautiful bookmark. I told him I loved it! And he said, "turn it over.."



It says, "I love you so and I give you thanks for feating (feeding) me"

I can picture a group of 7 year old little boys sitting around making these things in class giggling at their own silliness!


Love these ages! Watching the boys go through different phases and develop their personalities is so fun. Will still lets me hug him in the drop-off lane at school and he still turns around to wave as I drive by, but now he only does a very small, incognito wave so as not to embarrass himself.
Wyatt is full of hugs and kisses no matter who is looking but also loves to run in and play with friends. Weston is clingy, wants mommy and is quick to leave and wave bye-bye to friends at the end of the school day.
Sweet little boys!

No comments: