Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Little About Wyatt

Lately Wyatt is really growing his own little personality. Actually, he's had a fairly big personality for a while now, but it seems to be showing up more and more.
("Actually" -- one of the words Wyatt uses All The Time!)
I say, "hey Wyatt, let me take your picture." And he says, "okay, I'm the hulk!" 
The other day I overheard him playing with Will and he says all gruff and tough, "If you want to save the universe, you'll have to go through me.....my name's Bob"

If he's impressed by something, the usual response is "wowzers".

If he's asking for something, it's usually pretty detailed. "I wanted the medium size flag for my pirate ship."

Something we're working on right now is accountability. Wyatt has begun to use "puppy dog" (the stuffed dog that goes EVERYWHERE with him) as an excuse for things. "But mom, that wasn't me that hit Will, it was puppy dog. I try to tell him to stop but he just won't listen."
Or I hear this, "Mom, my brain just told me to do bad things."

Wyatt is so sweet and loves to show his love. He gives lots and lots of hugs during the day (to me, his brothers and especially daddy) and if I'm feeling sad or upset about something, he'll sense it, run to me, wrap both arms tight around my face and give me the biggest hug. It's so sweet! At a baseball practice this season, Wyatt randomly runs to the dugout and yells "Hey Will, I just love you so much!!"
Puppy dog gets love to. Like I said, he carries him everywhere. I'll glance over at him on the couch or something and he'll be talking or singing to puppy dog and I've seen him say, "I love you puppy dog" with a big hug.

As for singing, Wyatt sings all the time. Here he is singing "This world is not my home." 


 

At mother's day out, Ms. Annie his teacher says Wyatt sings church hymns alot. She says, "it just blesses my heart to hear him." She said on the last day before Easter, the church bells played "Up from the grave He arose" to mark the time. She said Wyatt sang every word with the church bells.

He doesn't always sing such sweet songs. Another one I hear him sing quite often is "I like big butts" from the Yogi Bear movie. That's just funny. He does a little booty shake dance and says "I like big butts and I cannot lie" over and over.

His favorite thing to eat right now is Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches (oh and of course chicken nuggets - as he would say). It's so cute when he eats pbandj it's ALL OVER his face! I have to wipe his face off from his eyebrows to his neck. He's also trying a little psychology on us. The other day I asked what they wanted to eat and he said, "Well Mom, you KNOW my favorite is Krystal's, but today I'll take chicken nuggets."  - He's had Krystal's maybe twice in his whole life and trust me, it's NOT his favorite!

That's our Wyatt! 3 years old and a bowl full of fun!!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Gotta love that little Wyatt! What a cutie-pie!