Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another First...Wyatt's in Preschool!

Wyatt started Mother's Day Out yesterday at First Baptist Hendersonville. He absolutely loved it!! He has been talking about it nonstop for weeks and was so excited to go for his first day. He got to pick out a backpack and new tennis shoes and he loves to show them off. For the backpack he picked Toy Story and for the shoes he wanted "light up sketchers...no actually z-strap sketchers". I really think this was only because Will has those, but I'm in trouble if the brand-name pickiness is already starting at 2 years old! We settled for some Walmart z-strap sketchers...same thing to him but much cheaper for mommy! Anyway, he had a great first day, no tears at all! We dropped Will off at school and Wyatt said, "okay, now lets go to my school!" He ran right into his classroom and when I picked him up, he was smiling and he said, "mommy, guess what? I just slept at school!" He met new friends and played outside and ate lunch from his lunchbox (another thing he was WAY excited about) and slept on a cot. Whew! I'm glad he had such a fun day!




Wyatt loves to show off the backpack!




With the boys starting school and especially Will starting real, big boy Kindergarten with lunch lines and gym class and hall monitors and 5th graders ...I could go on and on but you get the picture, this letter seems to sum up all the emotions Trent and I are feeling right now. Betsy sent it to us, and it was given to her when Trent started Kindergarten. It's so hard to watch your little man venture out into the real world with real problems and not be there to brush him off or wipe his tears. If I'm so worried about Kindergarten and elementary school, I can't imagine what college is going to be like. I'll have 12 more years to prepare I guess!
Thank you Betsy! Such a sweet letter and I really hope the world treats our boys gently.

No comments: