Thursday, July 1, 2010

say what?

Picture from our adventure today...Rachel and I took the boys to the Lebanon kiddie pool. They had so much fun and are still sleeping (so far a 2 1/2 hour nap)! - Someday Weston will be big enough to get in group photos!
Anyway...here are a few of the more common things we hear around the house these days :)


From Will: Age 5 1/2 years
  • "whoa!! That's awesome!!" - doesn't really matter how much of a "wow" factor the subject really has, everything gets a dramatic emphasis.
  • "uh Wyatt....Wyatt...Wyatt..." - He says Wyatt's name approximately 184 times per day...you think I'm exaggerating?
  • "Mom, I wanna...(insert pretty much anything here like - snack, go play, watch a movie, get a toy, etc)"
  • "uh...it's not fair!" this is typically followed by Wyatt saying, "uh huh...it's plenty fair"
  • Lots and Lots and Lots of questions...about anything...he is definitely not afraid to ask questions and he LOVES to learn
  • Will also does great impressions and knows the words to most any song.

From Wyatt: Age 2 1/2 years

  • "My think my gotta pee" - typically while dancing, holding himself and starting to whine a little while waiting for me to tell him that he can go by himself.
  • "You're a wheatie-pie Mom" (sweetie-pie). I love to hear him say this because it's so cute! He has a little problem with the "s" sound right now :) - Also cute is "my all whetty" (sweaty); "my wanna go women" (swimming) and "where's my wingy piedy" (swingy spidey aka swinging spider man toy)
  • "My a rock star" - don't really know where this came from, but he says this in a very gruff voice and then plays a mean air guitar
  • "actually" He says this all the time! For example, "hey Mom, well actually Dad" or "my want milk, well actually apple juice"

From Weston: Age 1 1/2 months

  • okay so he doesn't really say much just yet but he grunts alot
  • he also has the crying thing down pretty good
  • We have even heard a few laughs from Weston!

The Number One thing I hear these days: "MOM"

There's the:

  • mom in a scared voice
  • mom in a mad voice
  • mom in a whiny voice
  • mom in a "I am going to seriously hurt my brother if you don't come in here" voice
  • And my favorite: Mom in a sweet voice, "Mom, I love you" followed by super sweet hugs.

No comments: