Wednesday, June 23, 2010

6 Week Stats

I can't believe Weston will be 6 weeks old tomorrow!! At this point with Will and Wyatt, they would be starting daycare :( I'm SO glad Weston doesn't have to do that and I'm able to stay home with the boys now!!!
Weston is getting sweeter each day! He gives us lots of smiles (he's actually partially smiling in the picture even though it looks like he's filling a diaper). He's not great at smiling on cue yet, but that's what makes the smiles so special...they are his idea and not prompted! He weighs 11 lbs and I just moved him up to size 2 diapers because of his big belly! He's growing way too fast!! He sleeps about 6 hours at night before waking up to eat and then going right back to sleep for another 3 hours. And last night he slept for......get this...7 1/2 hours before waking up!!! Hopefully that 8 hour sleep will come pretty soon, although I can't complain about the 6! Another big milestone he has accomplished is turning over. Sunday, I put him on his belly and he flipped over to his back 3 different times! His brothers are still doing really good with him. They give him sweet kisses and are very careful and gentle. It's so sweet...to them, he is "Baby Weston", not just Weston and Wyatt has even called him many times, "Baby Jack". When they talk to him, they get a higher and higher pitched voice. I hope they are always so sweet and nice to him!!

On another subject, Wyatt, Weston and I have discovered this great pool in Lebanon. We have been with the playgroup a couple of times and each time Wyatt has a blast!! He calls it his pool because I said it was just his size (only 1-2 feet deep). And the best part of all...it's free!


I'm sure we'll be back several more times. In fact, Wyatt keeps talking about it and Will is begging me to take him (he was in preschool the times we came here) so I'm sure we'll go again soon.

Again with the open mouth....yuck!! I promise I tell him to shut it. He's pretty good now, I just call out his name and do the "shut mouth" symbol with my hands. He gets this look on his face like "oh yeah" and squeezes it shut tight!

Another wonderful thing about it....it wears the kiddos out! Nice quiet car ride and great nap when we get home!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I can't believe Weston is already 6weeks old. You won't regret staying home with the boys (but you will need a break every now and then, so call me:))
By the way, that pool looks pretty cool!

Mitchell, Blair, and Annie said...

Oh, he looks so sweet! I need to see him and the rest of you guys soon! I could totally picture you doing the hand motion to "shut mouth"! So funny!