Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wyatt - foo foo x 4 days = exhausted Mommy and Daddy!!!

Today is day 4 without the foo-foo for Wyatt and it's harder on us than it is him! Why we are doing this... not really sure, I guess it just seemed like a good time. Wyatt has been pretty much without the pacifier for 6 months or longer, so when I dropped it at the movies (I only took it because I knew he would take a nap most of the movie) and was unable to find it, I thought, lets do this. We only had 1 left and it stayed in his bed. It doesn't come in the car with us or to church, etc. When he woke up in the mornings, he would say "bye bye foo foo" and put it safely to bed. Then after nap, the same thing. I didn't realize he was so attached to it for going to sleep! He cries for it and I say, "where is the foo foo?". He replies, "gone, dropped" and looks absolutely pitiful! The first couple of days, at sleep time (nap and night), he would cry for at least 1 hour, and then wake up really early in the mornings. His great sleeping schedule is completely out of whack! This makes for a very cranky Wyatt and very LONG days for Mommy! Trent is going through a very busy and stressful time at work, and after working those long hours, he comes home to a cranky family! He is still right there to play with the kids and give me a break for a little bit and he's great at getting Wyatt to sleep at night! He's very patient telling Wyatt over and over, "close your eyes and go to sleep". Wyatt will sleep for a few minutes then we hear "Mommy (and/or) Daddy hold me", Trent says, "go to sleep", Wyatt replies "k". This can go on for a while!
We're just hoping it gets easier because I'm way too stubborn to break down and buy another foo-foo!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Mason is SOOO addicted to his paci. Last night I had to go shove it back in bc he lost it and couldn't find it. Now I put him to bed with one in his mouth and one in each hand. Eric's grandma told me I should tie one around his neck. (Remind me not to EVER let her babysit) I dread the day we have to get rid of the paci's.

Jane said...

awwww Jennifer, give that little fella ANYTHING he wants, ok?