Friday, August 21, 2009

Will's prayer

The other day we (me, Will and Wyatt) were in the car driving to baseball practice when Will's patience started running thin. It had been one of those busy days where we were going, going, going and the boys were exhausted. Will had been fairly short-fused all day and Wyatt did something horrible, like touched Will's air or something, and Will blew up at him. I told Will that he needed to work on his patience today because he was being very rude to his brother. I told him to pray to God and ask for more patience. After a little explanation on the meaning of patience, Will decided that was a good idea. He prayed, "Dear God, Thank you for all the trees and couches (he tends to thank God for random things during his prayers) I'm sorry I've been mean to my brother today. Can I please have some patience so I can be nicer?" Afterwards, he said very excitedly, "I feel better!! I have patience!!!" So on we drove for a few more minutes and things were pretty peaceful. As they were playing, Will said something a little mean to Wyatt and then said, "uh oh, I think I need to pray again". He bowed his head, closed his eyes and folded his hands,"Dear God, Thank you for the patience you gave me earlier, but I need thirds please." All I could do was laugh, it was so sweet!! I know I've been there before!

While I'm on the subject of Will and religion, I don't want to forget what he said a few months ago while playing in his room. He was playing trucks while I was putting away his laundry. One truck hit the other and truck 1 said, "hey, why did you do that?". Truck 2 replied, "I didn't do that, God did. I'm just the truck, God is the driver."

Our little 4 year old preacher! He loves to get in front of people and recite the books of the bible (both old and new testaments) and he doesn't hesitate to tell you the latest bible story he learned. I hope he always loves church and God as much as he does now!

1 comment:

Mitchell, Blair, and Annie said...

That is super sweet that he asked for thirds! I remember one day when we worked out at the FMC and we went to pick him up the teachers said he was singing "If the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack" song!