Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Out of the mouths of...uh... umm...well

From Will on the subject of basketball:
-in a secretive voice, "Mom, do you know why we won?" - why?- "Because every time we got a goal, they would skip a number on the scoreboard!"
-eating lunch at a restaurant after church talking to another family from church - "My Daddy tells me I need to booty bump when I play basketball cause that's what he did!" - Mrs. Carolyn  with a big smile, "Oh really huh?" - Will, "yep, he booty bumped cheerleaders when he played basketball!" - big laughter from several tables and Trent's face very red!

From Wyatt randomly:
- "Hey Mom, did you know that whiskey makes babies?" - I say, "no, but I guess you're kind of right" laughing a little. Then he replies, "I know. That's what the song says. Corn makes whiskey and whiskey makes my baby"
-after asking me several questions about what do you call boy cows and daddy cows and baby cows and mommy cows, etc Wyatt says, "Mommy, you just know everything I don't know."


What does Will want to be when he grows up?
- "When I grow up I'm going to be a superhero scientist and invent (whatever he can think of at that moment. ex. a robot with a zillion arms that can do everything for you like brush your teeth and vacuum). Oh and I'm gonna marry Piper (a girl from his class) because she is going to be a scientist too and invent my superpowers."

From Wyatt regarding "Churchy" things:
- Trent was getting the boys dressed for church one morning. (sidenote: Wyatt is obsessed with belts lately) Wyatt had on a sweater (and a belt underneath) and came running into my bathroom saying, "hey mom, you wanna feel my hard thing"  all the while patting his belt buckle.
- sitting in Betsy's lap during the Lord's Supper Wyatt looks down and says, "eww, do they cook that?" then as it passes down the aisle, he says, "Now they're gonna pass out the drinks."


Habits:
Both Will and Wyatt have picked up a cute habit of saying "oopsie" lately. For example, "that point doesn't count it was just an oopsie" or with a big smile, "oopsie, I just spilled my miiilllkk".

Wyatt is also in the habit of saying "that is dangerous for gawuls (girls)". I keep telling him girls can do anything boys can do, but 5 minutes later "I just did something very dangerous for gawuls" - like jumping off the couch or something random.
He also loves to greet Trent with "Whatdcha learn at work today Daddy?"

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love. These.

Jane said...

These guys always make me smile. Thanks for sharing.