Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Do you hear what I hear?

Being a mom, I hear all sorts of wacky, silly and sometimes surprisingly profound things at pretty random times. I have heard a few quotes recently that really "spoke" to me. I cannot give appropriate credit, because I honestly can't remember where I saw or heard them.

"A boy is noise with dirt on it" OOOOHHHH so true!

"Cleaning house while your kids are growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing."  mmm, hmmm.

The kids also give me a wealth of quotes to chose from. Here are a few I've heard recently:

Will - "OOOWWWW!" Me-"What's wrong?" Will - "I just kicked myself in the eye."

Wyatt - "Mommy, I think I peed in my pants, but it's okay, it's just an accident."

Will - "We're out of breath of playing" followed by "we want to watch cartoons"

Will- "I fed Grizzly..." Wyatt jumps in with "And we gave him lots and lots of treats!" Will says, "Yeah, about like 11 bones on top of his food." This prompts me to ask, "how many scoops of food did you give him?" (we usually give him 1 and a half scoops per day) Will answers, "about like 3!"

Wyatt pronounces girl "gwerl". Yesterday he said, "How do gwerls pee pee come out if they don't have wee wee's?" He has already asked this question to me and Trent but this time it was asked to Will. I quickly answered before Will got the chance!

Will - "Daddy will be very, very, extremely proud of me for scrapping off the grill. Cause taking care of grills is alot of work." (talking about scrapping the snow off yesterday)

Wyatt - "I wish we had a dark blue trampoline big enough for us both to jump on Mom. Yeah, that's why we always jump on the couch."

Wyatt - "You know what Mommy? God still loves bad guys, he just not very happy with them right now."

Will - "oh no Mom!! Frethan doesn't have any feet!! Where are his feet?" He was almost in tears at this point until I explained to him that it's so cold in the North Pole that everyone wears their pants over their shoes/feet. "Oh, okay".

No comments: