Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Don't Blink

"Don't Blink
just like that you're six years old and you take a nap
and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
just might miss
your babies growin' like mine did"

Thank you Kenny Chesney (and whoever wrote it) for a great song. It seems like yesterday Will was a newborn baby, we woke up one day and now have 3 kids!! Wow, it goes so fast! And they are so big! 3 little miniature men all cute and smiley. Of course it's not always like that, but on the days where I feel exhausted and lazy and unmotivated (the list goes on, but I'll spare the details), I try to remember that it goes by so fast. Each day is a blessing and they won't be this little long. I better enjoy the moment now before it's gone.

"Take every breath God gives you for what it's worth"

"So I've been tryin' to slow it down
I've been tryin' to take it in
In this here today, gone tomorrow world we're livin' in"

"Don't blink"...good words to describe this past month. It has flown by. In an attempt to slow it down and take it in, I will recap in pictures.



Will turned 6 and Wyatt turned 3. I can't believe it, but yes, it happened. Because we were so busy with vacations and soccer and church activities and Halloween, etc., etc., we decided to have a last minute small party for the boys in between both birthdays. Will wanted a Star Wars cake and Wyatt wanted Spiderman. (it was originally Mickey Mouse - ordered and everything- until a last minute change of heart. Thanks Wyatt)
They partied with their cousins and had a great time! And opened lots of presents of course!

They both wanted new bikes for their birthday. Specifically, a "dirtbike bicycle" was requested from Wyatt and a "bike with NO training wheels" was requested from Will.


I promise they have pants fit now :)


Little Weston cuddled up and enjoyed all the attention. If there is one thing he loves, it's to be held and rocked, which he was the entire time!



On Wyatt's actual birthday, we took him to Logan's (the peanut place). He was SOOO excited and wanted to wear his "birthday hat" the entire time!


He even went up all by himself with the waitress so everyone could yell "yehaaw". Now that he's 3, he thinks he is big stuff. He always says, "that's what we do when we're big and 3."




After a good birthday lunch, we headed to Trunk or Treat at church. The boys had a blast going from car to car and getting all that candy!!


On Halloween, they dressed up again and went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. Once again, we got TOO much candy.


 Well, there has been so much more going on that I didn't grab the camera for, but the boys have had a super fun time this fall so far! Weston goes for his 6 month well visit tomorrow. Yes, I said 6 months. That means he is now 6 months old....I know, it shocks me too. Gotta slow down and take it all in.

4 comments:

Mitchell, Blair, and Annie said...

I think the same thing every time I hear that song! Thanks for reminding me to cherish the wild and crazy days!

Debby said...

Yes, I know what you mean. Time goes by way to fast. I did marry my high school sweet heart and still love him very much. Who wouldn't, he gave me two great and wonderful girls. It seems like yesterday you and Rachel were babies, now you and Rachel have given me 2 wonderful sons to love and 5 beautiful grandsons! How I've been blessed...I thank our Lord everyday for my wonderful life. I love you all so very much.

Jane said...

Even though you realize now how quickly time goes by and you know you should savor every minute, you will always wish you had more time , or wish you had done more things. We all should at least attempt to make the most of each and every day, no matter what.

Rachel said...

Ok, now i'm crying!! It does seem like only yesterday that I cried because you kicked me out of the room when Will was born. Ha Ha!I was just thinking about that the other day when I was cutting his hair. Then about his first haircut. It goes by so quick. Next thing you know, we'r going to be writting about our grandchildren like mom!