Friday, January 21, 2011

January Deep Freeze

This is me so far this year. Ponytail, Weston on my hip, t-shirt and yoga pants. Just lovely, don'tcha think? Weston has been very clingy and for me to get anything done, I literally carry him around all day. It hasn't helped that we have been in a severe deep freeze the entire month of January. Wyatt has gone to school 2 days so far this month and Will has been out the majority of the month too. He hasn't completed a full week so far! I have been very unmotivated to do any journaling...or pretty much anything else...with all the gray, rainy, snowy, cold, lazy days. Enough of that..."get off your pitty pot and be a man Nancy!" Don't know where that came from, "That 70's Show" I think, but it seems to make me smile!
Here is my attempt at playing catch up:
Weston turned 8 months old on the 13th. He is 18 pounds and moving around everywhere! No crawling yet, but rolling all over the place. He is very interested in playing with toys. He examines them carefully, chews on them a little and bangs them on different things to make noise. A little scientist in the making! He is still generally happy, but becoming very clingy. I think he's getting ready to get some teeth soon! He also gets very frustrated when he can't reach something. Crawling will solve that problem kiddo, just get it together and crawl!
Weston is so funny, he goes from this....
to this, so easily!


He is eating 5 jars of baby food and 1 bowl of oatmeal per day and has added puffs to his diet recently. He has dropped 1 and sometimes 2 feedings and is now nursing 4 or 5 times per day.  He loves to read books and is starting to say more "words". So far he says, dadada, bababa, tatata and thathatha.
No mamama yet :(  BUT he smiles so big when I get near him and still gives ME the best sugars!

Like I said earlier, this year so far has been a mess, but we have still been busy! Landon had a fun 5th birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. Will started basketball and had his first game. Weston got over RSV and Trent got sick. He's still sick poor thing. I have been EXHAUSTED (no good reason just exhausted) - oh and we've had lots and lots and lots of snow. The boys have really enjoyed playing in the cold wet stuff, and we've done just about everything you can do in snow. Sled, snowman, snow angel, snowball fight, light saber fight, run around crunching the snow, 4-wheeler, ice cream bubbles, swing, "ice slide", we even "mowed" the snow. Out of all the recent snow, today was the only time I actually had my camera. Here are a few pictures from this morning.

Bubbles and swinging....
Fighting of all kinds....














Snow angels...



and Wyatt's headless snow angel. He said, "oh, no I forgot to put my head down. Now I need to make it a head" After great attempts at making the poor angel a head, it just never looked right again.

They really did have fun playing.
Will found an icicle hanging from something and decided it would be good to lick.

Hey Wyatt, try this!

When they were FINALLY ready to go inside, we made hot cocoa and warmed up with some cartoons.

Fun?.... yes, but this snowed-in mom is ready for school and sunshine to once again return.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So cute! I think that is the only picture I've seen of Weston not smiling.