Saturday, April 3, 2010

The New Ride

I'm pretty sure that on the "list of things I want to do before turning 30", buying a minivan was not one of them. However, yesterday we purchased a very nice 2011 silver Toyota Sienna, and yes, we are both still 29! We are very excited and LOVE our new car! It's by far the nicest car we have owned and we plan to enjoy it for MANY years!!!

With little Weston coming along soon, we just didn't have room in our 5 passenger Trailblazer for 2 booster seats, a car seat and all the other "stuff" that goes along with 3 kids. This provides plenty of room for 7 and even 8 if we need it. Plus it has all the cool "minivan features" that I didn't even know I wanted until I saw them!! (electric sliding doors and electric hatch, electric windows that actually come down in the middle row and electric "pop-out" windows in the 3rd row, built-in retractable sun shades on both the middle and 3rd rows, TONS of storage, blue tooth in the steering wheel for hands free talking enjoyment, built-in "mom mirror" to see whats going on the seats behind you, plus lots more). And, you can't tell it very well here, but it does have a sunroof too!!



A very sporty look for a minivan I think!
Notice the rear spoiler





Leather, heated seats


The middle row can be captains chairs for easy access to the back, or if needed, we can put a seat between to make it a 3 person bench seat.


Huge storage in the back with plenty of room for strollers, groceries, soccer goals and bag chairs! (the 8th seat stores neatly in the side pocket back here when not in use!)
And these back seats fold down (with literally 1 hand needed) to fold flat. Wow! We sure love our new ride!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You've officially gone to the "dark side" as Eric and I call it. I will have to admit that I am a tad jealous of all the cool features you have however, I refuse to purchase one unless circumstances (ie. 3 kids) forces me to do so. Congrats on your new ride!

Holly and Jason Campbell said...

ok... it does look pretty cool, but with only one child, i think we are fine with a truck. maybe some day when we have more kids!!!